For businesses, providing good customer service is of vital importance. Most businesses recognize this belief but they fail to implement it fully. You have to provide good service for everything that you do, even if it is something as small as ice cubes.
For example, if you have a restaurant, bar, or something of that nature, and you serve ice in your drinks, you can add so much value to the ice alone. By adding value to the ice, you automatically add value to your drinks. Think of the wonders you can do with your drinks and other product offerings.
Of course, there are many other ways to add value to the customer’s experience but we want to explain how such small steps can make such a big difference.
Businesses that serve ice usually have an ice machine, if you don’t, you should consider getting one to save costs. If you have an ice machine to serve ice to your customers, let’s take a look at how you can make the most of it:
Complementary Products for Your Ice Machine:
- A complementary product is a product that adds value to another product. Usually, complementary products are consumed together such as milk and tea, cars and tires, lamps and electricity, coke and ice, and so on.
- We will discuss some complementary products for your ice machine that will help produce better quality ice that will lead to better customer service. So, let’s take a look:
1. Ice Picks
- An ice pick, for those who don’t know, is a tool that is used to break or chip ice. Traditionally, since ice came in big blocks, businesses needed this product to break the ice into smaller pieces to serve in drinks and for other purposes.
- It is still useful but businesses do not use this product much. You should have this to design ice cubes the way you want to. For example, if your ice machine makes big ice cubes while you think crushed ice will go better with your drinks, you can easily chip away the ice cubes to produce crushed ice.
- The final product that you give the customer will leave them more than satisfied. Honestly, we could really use a drink that has crushed ice, it sounds so good!
2. Ice Shovels
- Ice shovels are used for picking ice from containers. Ice machines usually have an ice bin where the machine dumps all the ice. Many people make the mistake of picking up the ice from the ice bin directly with their hands or cups.
- This is a very unhygienic practice and can lead to ice contamination. We have a detailed article on how to prevent ice contamination. Read it to avoid making your customers sick because that is not good customer service at all!
- Moreover, try to store the ice shovel in a specific spot outside of the ice bin. Leaving the ice shovel in the ice bin will expose the handle to the ice which will be the same thing as touching the ice directly.
- Your employees should also wash their hands before using the ice shovel to ensure utmost hygienic practices.
Clean and good quality ice will certainly be appreciated by your customers.
3. Ice Carts
- Some large-sized businesses require ice in multiple places within their business. A good example of this is hospitals.
- An ice cart will help you transport the ice anywhere safely without exposing it to any sort of contaminants. Moreover, ice carts are designed to hold ice and will prevent them from deforming or melting. Therefore, you can transport your ice easily without any worries!
4. Rent an Ice Machine and Enjoy the Complementary Services Offered by LA-ICE-MACHINE
- That’s right! Complementary products, as well as complementary services, can add value to your ice.
- Why would you want to buy an expensive ice machine when you can rent it at a low monthly fee by LA-ICE-MACHINE?
- Renting an ice machine saves huge upfront costs and you can avail the complementary serviceswe offer at a low price. The complementary services are installation, filter changes, scheduled maintenance, repairs, 24/7/365 availability, and same-day services.
- Therefore, you can leave the stress of maintaining your ice machine and can focus on providing your customers with the best service while professionals with years of experience ensure the production of great quality ice!
- So, give us a call at (818) 340-3644 and we will take care of all your ice-related needs.
- Providing good customer service is not limited to providing a good product at a reasonable price, it includes the whole journey of the customer. What that means is that your job to provide good customer service begins from the first step the customer takes inside your business and it ends when they exit your store.
- Therefore, you have to greet the customer, make them feel welcomed, accommodate all their requests (as long as they are reasonable, sometimes you must go beyond by delivering on unreasonable expectations), make the most of their time with you, and leave them satisfied so that when they exit your business place, they have a smile on their face and are thinking about the lovely customer service they had just received.
- What this will do is that it will bring back the same customer for repeated business. Greeting a customer, leaving them satisfied, and accommodating their requests makes sense but how can you make the most of their time?
- It is simple, try to add value in everything that you do. Even if it is something as simple as ice!