Believe it or not, our team here at LA ICE MACHINE gets many calls almost every week from business owners stating their concerns regarding their ice makers not making enough ice. Their main problem is how the commercial ice maker just isn’t producing like it used to.
A common problem here at LA ICE MACHINE that we happily oblige to. However, we know very well how 90% of the time, the machine isn’t broken or at fault. In fact, it is a matter of regulating the machine maintenance checks and keeping them up to date.
Even many environmental issues can become a cause of decreasing amounts of ice production by the ice maker. So it definitely isn’t the right way to go about neglecting your ice machine or hitting up your service provider on the slightest of issues. Instead, let’s take a look at some of the remedies you can perform on your own to avoid low ice production in the first place.
Regular Preventive Maintenance 101
- One of the best ways to ensure optimum performance of your ice machine and the appropriate amount of quality ice production is by conducting regular preventive maintenance checks.
- There is no doubt that ice machines are complicated to handle on your own if you don’t have the proper know-how. However, with that being said, learning how to handle the equipment you use daily isn’t that difficult.
- As you continue to use an ice machine daily, you would get in on its technicalities, what goes where, how it works, etc. You can read up guidelines, manuals and even ask your technician on their next visit for some easy tips and tricks.
- Long story short, self-reliance for regular maintenance checkups on your ice machine isn’t a bad idea. However, if you are completely unsure of something, we recommend you hit us up immediately.
- One of our expert ice machine technicians will reach out to you. During a preventive maintenance call, they will check the machine inside and out and run some diagnostic tests to ensure the machine is running according to specifications.
- It happens more often than not that business owners are entirely aloof to something being wrong with the ice machine and don’t realize until it’s too late. Having a technician run a thorough preventive maintenance check would allow them to fix the problem before it becomes more severe.
Professional Cleaning Regime
- Air-cooled machines are the most common types of ice machines that you’ll come across. As such, ice machines work, they pull air to cool the internal fittings and working of the machine, keeping the temperature balanced. However, as they do so, any particles like dust, dirt, grease, yeast floating in the air enter the machine.
- Eventually, all these particles gathered inside the machine get collected around the ice machine components inside and disrupt their functionality. The particles insulate the heat within the machine, hence, lowering the rate at which your ice machine produces ice.
- Therefore, it is a given that a dirty ice machine produces less ice than a clean one. So getting your ice machine cleaned professionally on a regular basis is a must if you want to avoid decreasing the amount of ice every day.
- The best way to go about it is by giving LA ICE MACHINE a call to handle the job for you. We will clean your ice machine’s air filters as the first line of defense against airborne particles. Next, we will not leave it just at that but clean the entire machine inside-out to ensure no retention of dust or debris.
- Not only does the regular cleaning ensure your ice machine’s vital components function right, but also optimum amounts of quality ice production. Rest assured, your ice supply would become more safe, secure, clean, and hygienic for your customers and employees.
Check Your Air & Water Temperature
- The air and water temperature are very common reasons why your ice machine might not produce an adequate amount of ice. Many ice machine manufacturers place the air and water temperature of the ice machine at high priority to supplement the right amount of ice production.
- Therefore, it is important to keep the air and water temperature in check before every usage. Ideally, temperatures between 70 to 90 degrees are best for optimum functionality and the right amount of ice production. Any higher, and the machine would start producing less ice.
- Consequently, on the other hand, if you go any lower than the recommended temperatures, and you’ll notice that there still is not enough ice because half of the water would freeze inside than coming out in ice cube forms.
SWITCH TO THE LA ICE MACHINE RENTAL PROGRAM
LA ICE MACHINE provides and takes responsibility for the top of the line Hoshizaki ice machine, bins and dispensers, all for one reasonable low fixed price. We will handle:
- Filter Changes
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Repairs, including parts and labor
Our solution is simple. For a small setup and fixed monthly fee, we provide:
- Top of the line Hoshizaki commercial ice machines, bins, and dispensers
- Free standard water filters for commercial ice makers
- All preventive maintenance included with the rental program at no additional charge
- All repairs, including parts and labor, included with rental
LA ICE MACHINE RENTALS – A HASSLE-FREE QUALITY ASSURANCE
Our team at LA ICE MACHINE ensures the best service for our customers, hands down, without compromise. Excellence in service is our commitment to you. We will always strive to deliver optimum customer service and care that you deserve so you don’t have to go low on your ice production ever.
LA ICE MACHINE rental program benefits include:
- Fixed monthly rental fee
- No more expensive repair bills
- No Worries
- No Hassle
- Flexible (Upgrade for a nominal fee)
- Great customer service
- Service 24/7/365
- Guaranteed Ice Pledge (Same Day Service)
Call LA ICE MACHINE today at 818-340-3644 to get started!