We all have been through this. The machines break down when we need them the most. When your commercial ice machine faces a breakdown, it results in a loss of ice output, and your business can suffer badly. Many of the best industrial ice makers on the market will enter a shutdown mode due to a Hoshizaki ice machine beep code or a Manitowoc ice machine error code. The only way to solve this issue is by resetting your ice machine.
What Causes an Ice Machine to Shut Down?
The majority of the time, ice machines fail due to over-use of the machine, old components, and certain environmental factors. If a machine does not respond to a reset, you may need technical help to fix it. A technician can identify whether or not an ice machine component has failed.
The type and make of your ice machine are a big factor in determining what caused a breakdown. Some environmental factors can cause an ice machine to enter a safe mode. In such a situation, the ice machine’s productivity falls drastically. Common environmental concerns include:
- Insufficient ventilation near air-cooled ice makers.
- There is no water flowing into the unit.
- High ambient air temperatures of more than 95°F or less than 50°F.
- Temperatures in the ambient water are above 90°F or below 45°F.
How to Reset a Hoshizaki Ice Machine
Hoshizaki’s iconic crescent ice cube is produced by the KM, KMD, or KML series ice makers. Here’s how to reset a Hoshizaki KM-series ice maker:
- Keep track of the number of beeps and any other symptoms of malfunction displayed by the system.
- Unplug the machine.
- Remove the front cover by loosening the front cover screw and lifting it off.
- Remove the screws from the electrical control panel cover and pull the cover out.
- Find the little white reset button at the control board corners.
- Connect the machine again to a power supply and push the reset button.
- Close the machine’s control cover and front cover and tighten the screws back.
Resetting a Manitowoc Ice Machine
Here’s how to reset a Manitowoc ice machine:
- Keep track of beeps and error messages.
- Press and hold the OFF button for 3 seconds and unplug the machine.
- Open the front panel to check the evaporator for any ice deposits.
- Allow any ice on the evaporator to melt.
- Plug the machine back in and turn it on. You should see a blue light indicating the unit has been reset.
Hire Commercial Ice Machine Rental Services in LA
An ice machine breakdown can be daunting and exasperating. LA Ice Machine offers commercial ice machine rental services in LA with a repair or warranty. All it takes to repair your ice machine is to drop a line at (818) 340-3644. Our commercial ice machine rentals with instant repair services are perfect for small businesses, hospitals, and corporate offices. At LA Ice Machine, you can also find high-quality ice machines for office use and an ice dispenser for rent in LA.
Contact us for any queries and rental information.