Whether it makes classic ice cubes or chips, a commercial ice machine is a necessity in nearly all types of commercial kitchens. Most high-quality ice machines are fairly easy to use and give excellent results each time. Of course, if you run your ice machine around the clock, it may give you some issues from time to time.
Thankfully, simple repair and troubleshooting will be enough to handle these problems. If you’re using LA Ice Machine’s commercial ice machine rental services and facing any of the following problems, our ice machine repair and troubleshooting tips will surely help you.
1. The Machine Isn’t Making Any or Enough Ice
If the machine is on, but it’s not making any ice or produces only low amounts, you should check the machine for all these problems:
- The water supply may be disconnected or switched off. If it is, simply switch it on and reconnect the supply hose.
- The water screen or valve may be dirty, which may be affecting your ice output. Remove the valve, clean it, and put it back to see if production improves.
- The water line may be clogged. Check for obstructions in the water line and clean itif needed.
- Air temperature may be too high, so the water doesn’t freeze easily. Make sure the machine is not in a cramped space or near a heat source to avoid this problem.
2. The Machine Isn’t Releasing Ice
If the ice machine has been running for a while but isn’t releasing ice, check for these possible issues:
- The machine may be dirty and needs to be cleaned.
- The machine isn’t placed on a level surface. In this case, place it on level ground and see if its feet should be adjusted.
- The machine may be near hot equipment, so the water doesn’t freeze. Place it in a cooler space to see if it starts working.
- The water regulating valve may be leaking and must be replaced by a technician.
3. The Ice Quality is Murky, Soft, or Shallow
If the ice is shallow or has a soft or shallow texture, it may be happening because of the following reasons:
- The water you’re using may be poor quality. Try using good-quality water in your machine to see if the texture improves.
- The machine, particularly the water filter, may be broken or dirty. Try cleaning it and checking if the water filters need to be replaced.
- The water level may be too high. In this case, adjust the level and try again.
Choose Quality Commercial Ice Machine Rental Services for Best Results
You can avoid all of these problems if you choose an ice machine rental service that has maintained machines. LA Ice Machine is your best choice for commercial ice machines. We’re one of the most reliable providers of ice machine rental services in Los Angeles that also provide cleaning and maintenance services to clients.
Get in touch with us for more information about commercial ice machine rentals.