Many businesses require ice to complement their products, whether for drinks, seafood, frozen foods, or any such purpose.
The biggest problem faced by such businesses is the adequate supply of ice due to their ice maker not producing enough ice.
A shortage of ice results in unsatisfied customers who have to comprise on the temperature of their drinks. To avoid this issue, we will discuss some tips that will help increase or maintain your ice machine’s production levels.
1. Faulty installation
- Most of the times, the fault is not with your ice machine but with the installation of the ice machine.Bad installation can lead to water issues, electric issues, or installing a machine where the temperatures are high.
- In order to rectify these issues, check if the machine is receiving power. Check for power outages and breaker issues. The same thing applies to water issues, check to see if the machine is receiving adequate water.
- Furthermore, if your ice machine is crowded by other machines, chances are that it will not perform optimally as it needs proper airflow and low temperature. Try putting it in a place that is not so crowded.
2. Is your Ice Machine Clean?
A dirty ice machine will produce far less than if it were clean. Moreover, if you do not properly clean your ice machine in time, it can break down completely. Sometimes, a dirty machine is caused by a dirty filter.If your water filter is old or dirty, it will either stop the water supply entirely or pass on contaminated water. Whatever the case is, your best option is to replace your water filter to ensure a safe and steady supply of water for your ice machine.
3. The Demand of Ice
If your business requires a lot of ice which results in the overworking of the ice machine, it will lead to overheating which will impact production.
Moreover, extracting ice repeatedly from the machine can increase the temperatures inside, therefore, either limit the production or invest in a secondary ice machine.
4. Technical issues
- There can be countless issues with your ice machine.
- Something as minute as a frayed wiring can disrupt the production of ice. Sometimes the temperature of the ice machine is not set correctly. It is difficult at times to identify the issue with your ice machine.
- Therefore it is better to reach out for professional help as you might not be aware of the actual problem.
Summing it up
- Maintenance and repairs of an ice machine can be irritating and cost consuming but in order to preserve the value of your investment in an ice machine, it is important to make sure that it is running smoothly.
- If you want to enjoy the services of an ice machine without the hassle of maintenance and repairs, we have the right people for you. LA ICE MACHINE provides rental programs for commercial ice machines in which they cover scheduled maintenance and repairs for a convenient and low fixed price.
- Get rid of all your ice machine worries by visiting their website or calling them at (818) 340-3644.